Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday......

I'm blessed beyond measure. I know this. My dh knows this and anyone in our small circle knows this as well. However, it can be difficult (sometimes) to count those blessings and be always joyful in the most depressed circumstances of our culture . I suspect that I am like many other homeschooling Moms that I know. My deepest desire is to raise children who are socially aware, intelligent, well rounded, well read......and the list could go on forever. Lately, it seems that the exact opposite is lurking around nearly every bend in the long country dirt road of our lives. My children are learning and doing well academically, socially, and spritiually. I read the blogs of other home educating families and they apppear to be having educational experiences that are not much different from my own. Sure, we complete our assignments and most days we do it with ease and with  measurable amounts of learning acheived. Then before we can shut our books and pack awy our matierals, I am struck with a thought. A gut wrenching thought born in  recesses of my often cynical mind .I wonder and ponder if this is truly the path I was destined to travel. If by chance, I perhaps stumbled into someone else" wonderland" and one day I'll awake to a different path. Am I truly serving my children by walking this path, choosing this lifestyle?? I'd like to think so. On these days, I need my cirlce of fellow homeschooling Moms the most. I need their encouragement, silent smiles and nods of understanding. Women who not only understand, but also appreciate this journey/call/ conviction I feel compelled to fulfill by choosing to invest my time and talents in the future leaders of our culture.

1 comment:

Adriane said...

Hey Mackey! I'm missing talking with you. We need to get together soon. I hear you on this post. I think so many of us have these same thoughts. Sometimes, I get stuck under the weight of these thoughts for weeks and other times, I can shake it off and go on quite quickly. We do need the support from other homeschool moms. You know I'm here when you need me so give me a call. By the way, your blog looks really good! Love ya!