Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Birthday Boys…

Matthew David 
4/26/1999
3 lbs. 1.6 oz    15"  8:12 a.m.
0000000600000017 Mason Curtis
4/26/1999
2lbs. 13.4 oz    151/2"  8: 20 a.m

Eleven years ago this past Monday my twin boys were born. What a fantastic, fun filled and interesting journey parenting those guys has  been. I’ll never forget the day we learned that you guys were two babies instead of one. We went in for a ultrasound to validate my due date of July 30,1999.  The tech asked ,“ Ummmm, what kind of car do you guys drive?” Daddy and I looked at each other, thinking that this was a strange question to ponder at the OB Gyn office. I told her we drove a truck. She laughed hysterically and replied” You might want to get a minivan….you got two little ones in there”. “WHAT???” we both replied. 00000022
The first night home.....



00000028 Making mischeif under the crib...


Proudly displaying your toothless grins...
Matthew

Mason
That visit took place the last week of January. Little did we know that you guys would make your debut a very short while later. The morning you were born begin like any other day. We got up got made breakfast and got ready for work and school. That day easy special because it was Daddy’s 25th birthday. Though we did not have any really special plans, I was trying to make a special breakfast for him before work. That morning,although my back was aching pretty bad; I resisted the urge to lie down. Eventually,  I gave up and cooking and decided to just buy breakfast instead.  On the way to get breakfast , I began to feel the urge to go to the bathroom. I told Daddy I needed to go REAL bad.00000043 We agreed that I would wait till we got to the cafe and I’d use the restroom there. You guys had other ideas. At the next stop light , I told Daddy “ I can’t wait”. He laughed and ribbed me about the chips and salsa I ate at midnight the night before. I assured him that we were in a urgent situation. Before I could convince him I was in no mood for jokes, Matthew was beginning to slide out.  We got to the hospital just in time for the Dr. to discover that Mason was breech and  had to be delivered . Thankfully all was well with both of you despite being 3 months early. After a 6 weeks NICU stay , you were discharged  and life has been non-stop ever since.  In a span of 8 minutes, I we went from being a family of four to a family of six. And live has never been the same. You guys have blessed my life in immeasurable ways and teach me new things daily. I thank God for choosing me to be your Mom.00000001

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi, Amanda here. I have been following Adriane's blog and found yours from her link and I think you have a neat blog!

Unknown said...

That was so special thanks for sharing